I'm alive!

Thursday, June 5, 2014




I just wanted to post something on here quickly, so that you all know that I'm alive. I'm so sorry that I haven't posted the past week in a half. I've been house sitting up at my sisters house ( pictured above. Yes, be jealous) and somehow I just haven't gotten around to blogging. I know, I'm terrible. I promise that I have been thinking about all you guys, though! I miss you.

Honestly, I've just been really scatter-brained lately. I feel like my brain is on overload, even though there isn't like a ton of stuff going on in my life right now. Seriously, though, yesterday I actually couldn't remember how old I was, and then when I realized I was 26, I couldn't believe it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this.

Just for giggles, here's a couple things going on in my life right now:

+ I'm in the process of finishing up my Holistic Nutrition class. There was some good information in this coarse, but overall I've been disappointed with it. Maybe my expectations were too high? I got bored with it very quickly.

+ I've been very much against getting gel nails for quite some time now. Not because I don't like them, but because everyone and their mother [quite literally!] has been getting them, and so I refused to get them--that is, until I painted my nails one day, and then they chipped and looked terrible the very next day! I finally caved in and jumped on the gel nail wagon. I love them and I can't imagine ever using regular nail polish again.

+  I was looking through my sisters books last night, and found a book called Love to Eat, Hate to Eat by Elyse Fitzpatrick, and instantly fell in love with it. It has totally changed my perspective of dieting and body image. Our focus should be Jesus, not fitting in a size 6 pair of jeans ( which I'll admit, I spend way too much time thinking about).

+ I watched Maleficent the other day with Rory and his family. It was okay. A good one time watcher. I probably won't see it again. Did you see it?

+ I discovered that I really hate burpee's ( it's an exercise). Look it up if you don't know what they are. You would hate them, too. Boy do they work you out, though!

+ Speaking of exercise, I've been lifting weights like a crazy person lately. Between kettlebell swings, bench presses, goblet squats, sprints, etc..I feel like my workouts have been pretty dialed in lately.

+ Please keep my nephew, Jacob in your prayers. He's my sisters little boy, and he broke his arm a couple days ago (they're still on vacation). He's been having to see a physician in Arkansas, because they can't wait until they come back to California. Poor little guy. He's a trooper, though!


How are you, my dear friends?

Let's be Instagram friends!
 @lovelyallyssum




3 comments :

  1. I've been wanting to see Maleficant. Maybe I will wait till it comes out in redbox. Your picture up top is lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that book sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burpee's are the devil. They are evil. I hate them.

    Glad you are still alive ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger