Breakfast Favorites

Monday, May 12, 2014


{ Pretend there's some coconut oil here, because I totally forgot to include it in the picture.}


I don't know what it is about today, but I don't feel like I'm on top of my game! I woke up this morning in a panic because my phone had turned off in the middle of the night, and I jumped out of bed to go look at a clock, because it totally felt like it was 9 and I was supposed to be at work at 7:30.  Lucky for me, it was only 6:39. On top of that, I woke up with allergies so bad that I couldn't even put my eye makeup on, because my eyes were burning so bad that they started watering, which in turn made the mascara that I was putting on get all over my eye lid and smear everywhere, ruining my eye shadow. Big problems, right?

 It must be Monday. 

One thing that makes me really happy is Breakfast food! Seriously. What's funny is that I don't typically eat breakfast for breakfast, I usually eat it for lunch or dinner. Sometimes I'll wake up extra early and cook up a nice meal, but I generally don't. I like my sleep. 

Yams, Eggs and bacon. It doesn't get much better than that. You can make these into a yummy frittata, do an awesome scramble, or you can eat them all separately. Either way, you're getting good macro nutrients here. One thing I forget to add that I'm kicking myself for is coconut oil. A teaspoon of coconut oil added to your eggs every morning gives you some nice good fat to help keep you satiated until lunch time. 

I guess I should mention the Ketchup. haha! Well, I just love eating Ketchup with my eggs. Call me weird, it's okay. When I discovered that regular Ketchup has high-fructose corn syrup in it, I freaked out! People, don't feed your kids Ketchup that has HFCS in it. I love Annie's Organic Ketchup. It's obviously not as good as making your own Ketchup, because there is some cane sugar in it {sadly}, but it's better than every other Ketchup you can buy at the store.  Bonus: they have it at Target! 

What's your go-to breakfast foods?







7 comments :

  1. I love Annie's! I buy the Annie's brand mac and cheese for my toddler because she is obsessed with it, and at least I know it's a healthier alternative to the Kraft stuff I grew up on. Also, that breakfast sounds yummy! I like ketchup on my eggs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this type of breakfast. When I have time, I make a big batch of egg muffins to take to work for breakfasts. Such a good way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bacon for breakfast - with scrambled eggs!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you - I like my sleep and rarely cook a big breakfast. This weekend while we were on vacation I made french toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon every morning. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We looooove boiled eggs in this house! My go-to breakfast is a boiled egg, whole wheat toast, and a whole milk latte. YUM!

    But, typically, I like you, usually eat breakfast for dinner instead of actual breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to NEVER eat breakfast but now that I'm pregnant I die without it. Lately I've been loving bagels with cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send me your code lady so I can put it up on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger