The Easter Bunny Didn't Die for You

Thursday, April 17, 2014


  Yesterday I was in Target getting some Easter things, and I started thinking about how, just like Christmas, Easter has become a huge corporate holiday full of toys, easter eggs and candy. It makes me so sad to think that the huge thing that Christ did for us--literally being nailed to a cross for us, is totally forgotten.



Mark 15: 21- 34

And they compelled a passerby, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming in from the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross. 

And they brought him to a place called Golgotha ( which means place of skull). 

And they offered him wine mixed with myrrh but he did not take it. 

And they crucified him and divided his garments among them, casting lots for them, to decide what each should take. 

And it was the third hour when they crucified him 

And the inscription of the charge against him read, " The King of the Jews."

And with him they crucified two robbers, one on his right and one on his left 

And thos who passed by derided him, wagging their heads and saying, " Aha! You who would destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save yourself, and come down from the cross!"

 So also the chief priests with the scribes mocked him to one another, saying,  " He saved others; he cannot save himself. Let the Christ, the Kind of Israel, come down now from the cross that we may see and believe." 

Those who were crucified with him also reviled him. 

And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" which means, " My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"


Please join me this week in remembering Jesus, our awful sin, His amazing grace, and the precious gift he gave us when he gave us the Holy Spirit. 

I don't want to forget. 










7 comments :

  1. Amen! I totally agree, but I can say i can get sucked into the cutesy decorations and candy and forget the severity and holy ness of what ester really is. Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! My aunt always says at Christmas-"remember the reason for the season!". Same thing applies here.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes! I was in Target yesterday, too (stocking up on Easter candy I will admit) thinking the same exact thing. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what an perfectly spot on post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late on this, but I was talking to my husband about this on Easter....it makes me so sad to see how forgotten this great sacrifice has become, and it bothers me how people celebrate something without even acknowledge the reason why they have something to celebrate in the first place.

    Runway Chef

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! LOVE this! I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find yours. I think Easter and Christmas get overrun by the eater bunny and Santa. We need to get back to the REAL reason for celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger