Him.

Thursday, April 3, 2014















Sometimes I just like to sit and reflect on how blessed I am to have Rory in my life. He is such an encouraging, loving, and patient man. I'm constantly wondering what the heck he's doing with me. We've been together for about 2 years now, but it feels like just yesterday I was eyeing him at bible study and wondering when he was going to finally ask me to be his girlfriend ( he was a bit of a slow mover, even though he doesn't admit it). That's something that I appreciate about him, though; he's not quick to make decisions, and when he does make decisions, you're darn certain that he prayed about it for a long time and it's something he feels the Lord would have him do. Rory pushes me towards the Lord, and is constantly challenging me to do things that he knows that I'm capable of. When I don't have faith in myself, he has faith in me.  We're total opposites as far as personalities go, but it works so incredibly well, and we're the same where it really counts. My relationship with Rory points me closer to the Lord, and because of that, I have grown and matured more the past couple of years than I have in my entire life. I love that people look up to Rory, and that he can be a true example to those around him. I pray that I someday I can be a helper to him in the way that God has called woman to be; to be his right hand, and his encourager.  

Rory, you're pretty much my favorite :)

 I'm sorry for all the mushy gushyness ( is that even a word?) of this post, but I couldn't help myself and I think I'm allowed to from time to time. 






14 comments :

  1. Aw y'all are so cute.

    Get married already ;)

    Need me to light a fire under that slow moving man? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! You crack me up, Courtney. I do agree with you, though--it's time! haha!

      Delete
  2. Loved this! You guys are adorable. I sometimes wonder the same thing about my husband.. what is he doing with me?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing man. I often wonder why on earth my incredibly patient man stays with my impatient self! We are both so lucky! Also, you are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you are way too sweet! Keep in mind that I am very particular with the pictures I post. haha!

      Delete
  4. Aw what a sweet post! You two are adorable!! <3333

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for guys who don't mind pictures :) I had to break mine man in a bit to get him to agree to blog pictures, ha!

    I love that you guys push each other closer to The Lord - it is so important and my favorite thing about my marriage too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rory doesn't mind. I don't really think he knew that I had posted pictures of him unti after the fact. I'm sneeky! haha!

      Isn't it wonderful? It's such a blessing!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh! This post is just so sweet! Isn't it amazing to have someone that you love like that?!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger