Food: It's whats on my mind.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

  Happy Thursday to you all! Thursdays are kind of a teaser, because you're almost to Friday, but not quite there yet. Darn you, Thursdays!

  Now onto the topic of food. You guys, food is on my mind alot, and not just because I like to eat it. As you know (or maybe you don't know?), I'm really interested in holistic nutrition. As a matter of fact, I'm going to be taking a class on just that starting April 16th! I'm seriously like a giddy little girl, because I've been looking at the syllabus, and it's going to be a kick-butt class. Needless to say, I'm just really looking forward to learning more about how food effects us, because from what I know already, food has an effect on pretty much everything that goes on in our body--food is powerful and it can either be for you or against you. This is why I try my darndest to eat foods that are going to benefit me, and not make me feel weighed down and full of yuck.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I have a weird desire to take pictures of the food that I'm eating and share it with people. Part of the reason I started blogging again was just so that I could have an outlet to put all the things I'm passionate about out there. I hope you don't mind.

There's something I tried this week that I'm totally in love with: gluten-free, dairy free, 100%  Paleo, rolls. I'm not someone who gets really sick when I eat gluten, but I do avoid it for various reasons. These are actually a cross between a biscuit and a roll. I feel like I should be sipping on some tea in England with a big, fancy hat on while I'm eating these.





Today I actually used the same dough to make pizza crust, and it turned out better than expected! If you're gluten free, dairy free, or just looking for a healthier alternative to the conventional dinner roll and/or pizza crust,  then you should definitely try making these. The main ingrediants are tapioca flour, coconut flour, olive oil ( I used coconut oil), and an egg. Out of respect for the person who originated this recipe, I'm not going to post it here, but I will redirect you to her blog.




Follow on Bloglovin



5 comments :

  1. Those look so good! I've never tried gluten free before, but these look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound awesome. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those actually look really, really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Food is ALWAYS on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for always being encouraging, Allyssa! And I love that you're going to be taking that class! Do share what you learn!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger