Lately.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

   Yes, I've been lacking in the blogging department. I seem to say that all too often. So for the sake of making up all kinds of excuses as to why I've been away again for so long, I'm just going to share a couple things that I've been up to lately.


Wisdom teeth extraction yes. I had all my wisdom teeth pulled, and it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences. I ended up having a dry socket, and my mouth is now stuffed with gauze drenched in some sort of substance ( I think it's some sort of clove oil?). yuck.

Paleo I've been listening to the girls from the Balanced Bites Podcast for about 2 years, and I've been really inspired by their take on food. I decided to give it a shot, and I've never felt better. I never realized how much eating grains, legumes, dairy, and processed foods made me feel bloated and uncomfortable. I love that I'm eating real food, and it tastes GOOD. Give it a shot, my friends--you won't regret it. Read this and this

Sister time My sister and I are 10 years apart. She got married when I was 9, so she's been out of the house for quite some time. I'm really close to my sister, and since our mom passed away, we have gotten even closer. I got to spend a Saturday with her, and we had the best time! We don't really ever get to hang out just the two of us, because she has 4 children, and so it's hard. It was nice for her to sneak away for a little bit and have some sister time. Oh, how I love her.



Bangs  I was watching Hart of Dixie the other day ( in love), and I saw one of the girls on there ( I can't remember her name..it's Wades new girlfriend!) and I LOVED her hair, so what did I do? I watched a YouTube video on how to cut bangs, and I did it myself. They're a nice change.


Divergent  I read all the books incredibly fast. Is anyone else going to nerd out and wait in line for the movie? I'm dragging Rory to go see it with me. Crossing my fingers that they don't ruin it. That would be tragic--absolutely tragic.

Downton Abbey If you don't watch this show, you need to. I watched season 4 when I was on my death bed recovery from my surgery.

Colossians Amazing book in the bible. It really speaks on who we are in Christ. I also love Chapter 3 where it talks about putting off our old self, and putting on compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.... I'm constantly having to "put off" and "put on". We're so flawed without Christ.








 


 

   

3 comments :

  1. Gah! That sucks about the wisdom teeth - I still remember getting mine out. I hope you feel better soon!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I had a horrible wisdom teeth experience too. I didn't get dry socket but I got an infection and it had to be reopened and drained and then left open and flushed every time I ate....and blah it was so painful and disgusting!!! Sorry man!

    I'm going to see Divergent tonight! So yes, I'm geeking out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Your experience sounds so much worse than mine!

      yay for Divergent! Let's hope it's as good as the books ( they never are).

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger