What I've been cookin' lately

Friday, January 10, 2014

      I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm obsessed with cooking shows. I don't watch tv often, because I'd rather be spending my time reading a good book, or doing some sort of project, but chances are you'll catch me watching cooking shows anytime I turn on the tv. I consider the Pioneer Woman and Giada to be some of my closest friends. There's something about making something from scratch that is just so incredibly fulfilling to me. It makes me think of way back in the old days, when things were simple. People made their own bread, turned their own butter, and sewed their own clothes. I think I was born in the wrong century.





                   
      I made this french bread to go along with lasagna I was making for Rory and I.  Homemade bread is so much better than store bought, and let me tell you, it's so much easier than you would think. Don't let making things from scratch intimidate you, because if I can do it, so can you. And I promise you'll enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes along with making bread with your own two hands. 





I decided to make homemade lasagna for Rory, because him and I both share a love for Italian food. I've never made homemade lasagna noodles before, but I gave it a shot, and it blew my expectations out of the water. So much more delicious than store bought noodles. In the words of the lucky charms leprechaun, it was magically delicious.


I had some banana's that were about to go bad, and so I decided to make some banana chocolate chip muffins. 


They turned out so moist, and were perfect for a nice little breakfast treat! 


These are cake batter rice crispy treats, dipped in chocolate with sprinkles. I ended up packing these a little too much, and so they weren't as soft as I would have liked them to be, but they were still a yummy little treat. 

I think it goes without saying that I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen the past few weeks. Maybe some day I'll share some of my favorite go-to recipes with you all.  

What are your favorite things to cook from scratch?


5 comments :

  1. I'm Italian and I've never even tried making my own noodles! (I do make a mean sauce though..hehe). Everything here looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, can you please come live with me?!! Homemade bread and lasagna noodles!? Yes, please!!

    I am in need of some of your kitchen motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Your cooking looks delicious and cute! I am studying abroad this semester and am trying to be on top of cooking. I need to get creative and crafty! Those muffins are calling my name!

    http://meowcowkitty.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so good! Especially those muffins! Yum.
    I need to bake more.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger