Thank God for spilled coffee

Thursday, December 5, 2013



Yesterday started with me being late for work, because my car was totally frosted over. Why does this happen in California?  Then, when I was getting in my car to head back to work after my lunch, my car decided that it wasn't going to start. Thankfully I have an extra truck lying around (a total red neck truck, but who cares when you're going to be stranded). Now, let's fast forwarded to around 6:25 PM when I totally spilled my coffee all over me, and all over my kitchen counter as I was about to head out the door to go to church. Did I mention that I was already running late? I ended up having to change my clothes, which resulted in me being even later to church. Oh, and it get's even better! I was in the classroom with all my AWANA girls ( I teach AWANA classes at my church on Wednesday nights), and I then proceeded to spill my coffee all over the binder that we use to keep records of their progress in their books. Seriously, Allyssa? Clumsy much? Luckily I have the most amazing little girls in my class who commented on how awesome the binder is going to smell now that it had coffee all over it. Sometimes kids have such a better perspective on life than us adults. 

Honestly, if the only problems I'm having right now is a broken down car and some spilled coffee, then I think things are going pretty good. Wouldn't ya say? It makes me think of the verse in 1 Thessalonians that says to " Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you". 

So, today I am thanking the Lord for spilled coffee and broken down cars
and also praying that I don't spill my coffee all over me again today. 

What do you have to thank God for today?











6 comments :

  1. Hi! I'm new to your blog! I'm thankful for hot chocolate. It's freezing over here and I've been drinking it everyday. :)

    http://www.ourlifeisbeautiful.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah! Hot chocolate is amazing! I just recently saw a blog that made coconut hot chocolate and thought it looked amazing! Thank you for stopping by! I love meeting new friends :)

      Delete
  2. You're too sweet Alyssa! Thanks for your comment on my blog! You have a lovely blog as well - full of joy and happiness. I love the design of it too! Would there be any way you could make your text bigger though? Somehow it's showing up small on my browser, and it makes it a little more difficult to read your beautiful writing. I still adore everything, just thought I'd let you know! I'm excited to come back and read your stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the sweet comments, Claire. I'm sorry that the text is showing up really small on your computer. When I read that I was concerned, but I looked up my blog in a couple other computers, and the text is normal size, so I'm not sure why it's showing up that way. I'll mess around with my settings and see if there's anything I can do to help you out.

      Delete
  3. Today I'm thankful for the look on my baby girl's face when we got our first Christmas tree :) And, although it's freeeeezing here, I guess I can take a page from your book and be grateful for it, and for the snow because we definitely need the moisture (even if it is miserably cold, at least it's pretty!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn, what a joy it is to have children! I seriously can't wait to have kids of my own someday! I'm so looking forward to the reward ( and even hardships) of being a mother. I gotta get my boyfriend to marry me first, though, of course :) Hopefully soon! Thanks for stopping by, girl!

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger