Remembering the true Gift

Monday, December 16, 2013





My Saturday morning Breakfast


My best friend, Adriana. We were at a coffee shop downtown discussing plans for her upcoming wedding!


More wedding planning


Panera Bread. Oh my....delicious!

Part of the courtyard at the venue Adriana is getting married at


White Elephant gifts for party #2 I attended this weekend 

Hello, my dear friends! Can I just say that I'm really happy that the weekend is over? Friends, I have been so busy. SO busy! I know this month is incredibly busy for everyone, but I feel like I don't even have time to sit back and enjoy it, which makes me so sad, because I love this time of year. The pictures above are just some snapshots of my weekend. I didn't get a ton of them, because I didn't really have time to do much picture-taking. I want so badly to have just a few days where I have nothing planned and can sew to my hearts content, watch back to back episodes of Downtown Abbey, and catch up reading all of your lovely blogs. 

 I was in Kirklands on Saturday doing some shopping, and I was waiting in line to pay for my item, I was looking around at all the people hussling around, trying to decide on Christmas gifts. I stood there in complete disgust, knowing that I, too, was one of those people. Where was Jesus in all of this? Christmas has always been my favorite Holiday. I love how magical it feels when you're sitting on your couch by a nicely decorated tree, sipping on some tea and watching It's a Wonderful Life. I find joy in that; however, the reason I have any joy at all is beause of Him. In fact, the reason I am capable of true joy is only because of Christ, because without God sending His son to this earth to die for my sins, I wouldn't ever experience true joy. It is because of Him that I can have peace, hope, and that I'm capable of making it through tough times in this life. We should be rejoicing, my friends. 

This year, I want to incorporate Jesus into the gifts that I give. Even if it's just a notecard with a scripture pertaining to Christ--anything. We need to remember Jesus this Christmas, because we're so lost without Him. 

I pray that I'll be constantly reminded of the true gift this Christmas. 



Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (umm, that was me leaving a comment under my husband's gmail account. Don't mind the craziness that's going on in my head right now)


    Isn't that reminder sometimes like a slap in the face? I know it is for me.
    Here I am, worrying all about what to buy for everyone, and I get totally wrapped up in everything Christmas. But, I should really be focusing on the real meaning of Christmas and what Christ did for us.

    ps. that breakfast looks delicious. i love panera bread. and what did you get as the white elephant gift??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looks delicious!!
    I'm really looking forward to celebrating Christmas with our very own blessing/miracle from God with our families! The presents are nice, but it is the time I enjoy the most! Crazy to think it is coming up soo soon!
    what are you going to sew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing Ann Voskamp's "The Greatest Gift" study this advent season and it has been so beautiful and focusing and just a total breath of fresh air. You should look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea! Love it! I am doing a Christmas link up tomorrow - you can join if you would like!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this absolutely beautiful post. Such an awesome reminder that I always fail to over look--without Him, I wouldn't have peace, joy, and pure happiness. x

    P.S. Thank you for the super kind comment you left on my blog this evening--you're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhm... your pictures just made me hungry. Which probably isn't so great considering it's past midnight. Dang it all, now I want waffles! Also, thanks for the reminder to think of Christ this Christmas. I love your idea about gift giving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I love this! such a good reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger