Five on Friday

Friday, December 20, 2013

   Happy Friday, everyone! I'm so glad this week is coming to a close, because once again, I've been very busy. I can't seem to slow down right now, and I feel like time is just getting away from me. I'm having to skip an event tomorrow, because I have to get the rest of my sewing done. It's nice to be able to save money by making my own Christmas presents, but it's not as fun when you procrastinate and wait until the last minute to finish everything. Story of my life, I tell ya!



1/  Monday I spent some time catching up on my sewing when I got off work. I love sewing so much, but when you feel like you're in a time crunch, it becomes more of a chore, and that's not what I want. I want to enjoy it, and enjoy my time at home, listening to music and sewing my little heart away.









       2/  I don't think I've ever talked about this on my blog, but I take dance lessons twice a week: Ballet and Tap. I was a dancer all growing up; my life pretty much revolved around dance. I started teaching dance classes several years ago, and one year I was up to teaching about 12 classes a week. I eventually stopped dancing, because I moved away and took a couple of years off. Well, now I'm back again. I'm taking classes to keep up with it, and I'm absolutely loving it. Dance is something that I feel will always be a part of my life, at least I hope it will be. The desire to be on that dance floor is something I think I'll have until I'm old and grey. I don't have pictures of this, but on Tuesday I went to my ballet class, and then my tap teacher and I decided to whip out some Advanced tap cd's, and it was SO much fun! Despite the fact that it's been a couple years since I've taken Advanced tap, it's crazy how my feet remember it all; I don't even have to think about it. I'm convinced they have a mind of their own.

 3/ Wednesday night I went to a Christmas dinner party with the boyfriend. It was a lovely time. I, of course, took it as an opprotunity to buy a new dress. A girl can't have too many dresses! I didn't get a picture of Rory and I, but I got a picture of our desert. Do you guys like cheesecake? Because if you do, then you would have done a giddy little dance after biting into this. ( I really do little dances when something is good--I can't help it).


4/ Last night was spent doing more sewing, shopping, and making some sweat treats for another party I have this evening. Yes, another Christmas party. This one the annual Christmas party for the bible study that Rory teaches at, and it's always a fun, realxed time. Rory and I are blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people. 

5/  This is what my morning looks like today. Coffee and goodies. I've seriously been given so much candy recently by different people my company works with, and I feel like I'm going to gain 5 pounds just looking at everything.





Tell me, do you have everything done for Christmas? Please tell me I'm not the only one in the procrastination club. 


3 comments :

  1. That dessert looks delish! And, YES, a girl can never have too many dresses!! Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could so! It looks like a relaxing hobby!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follower# 14
    Lovely Blog :)
    Enjoyed reading the Posts.
    Following you. I hope you follow back and return the support too :D
    Cheers!
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/
    Enter to win *international giveaway* Ends 31st December
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/2013/12/dressale-international-giveaway-win.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger