Five on Friday

Friday, December 13, 2013


My life this week


 {1} Our church gets cookie baskets together during the Holiday's for all the people that are sick ( mostly elderly people) and can't make it to church on Sunday's, and this year I volunteered to make the containers for the cookies. I was a little nervous about how they were going to turn out, because I've been so busy that I didn't have as much time to work on them as I would have liked to, but I think they ended up turning out great.


                           
The stamp I used for the tag is from a set I bought at Target for $7! You can find it here.




 {2} I teach AWANA at my church on Wednesday nights, and this week was our Christmas party. Rory (the boyfriend) is in charge of doing the games for the kids. He's so good at it. He always comes up with the best games. Since it's been really cold outside ( cold for California), we did the games inside our fellowship hall. In this game, Rory would give them a letter, and say " I need 4 people to make the letter F", and so they would all rush into a group, lay on the ground, and try to make the letter. It was SO funny to watch all the kids throw themselves on the ground, trying to make the letters Rory would shout out. 


Aren't they cute? I'm so blessed. 


{3} I haven't mentioned anything on my blog about my job, so I guess I can write a little bit now since it's something that takes up 40 hours of my week. I work in a corporate office, and so I spend a crazy amount of time on the computer at my desk every single day. This place is my home away from home, and so I try to make my cubicle as cozy as possible. I made the hanging flower decoration on a whim one day while I was sitting in front of the TV. I literally just rolled up old pages from a book,  and used a glue gun to secure it to a shoe box lid ( yes, the back of it is a lid of a shoe box and that's what it hangs from--you'd never be able tell!) I feel like people who work in the corporate world and live their lives in cubicles need to make use of their space the best way they can--and hey, if we're going to be in it 8 hours a day, then we need to make it cute, right?! Right.






{4} I haven't been able to see much of Rory this week. I've seen him every day, but we haven't really been able to spend quality time together. The poor guy has been sick, and I've been crazy busy with so many different things. I'm hoping tomorrow we can spend some time together, and maybe do a little bit of Christmas shopping, because I'm not even close to being done yet. Someday I'll write about how we got together. It really is an incredibly story, and one I definitely wouldn't mind spending time writing. God is good, my friends. I'm always wondering how I got so lucky to end up with a man like him.



{5}Every Friday night I go to a bible study that Rory teaches at, so that's what I'll be doing this evening. I've been a part of this group for quite awhile now, and I really can't imagine my life without these people in it. It's brought about so many special relationships in my life ( including my relationship with Rory). 

I am fully aware that I could have picked a picture with much better quality, but isn't this hilarious? These are some of the guys in our bible study. We were having a contest to see who could be the best reindeer. What a group of characters, right?



Did anything extra special happen with you this week?



5 comments :

  1. Mmmm intotally want a cookie basket!! They turned out cute!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job with the cookie basket c:
    I'd love to buy one of those basket! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cookie containers! And I love that your church does that - such a sweet idea and great way to make people feel missed and loved! Oh and you talking about AWANAs takes me back - I did it through 8th grade and loved it!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog - I am a new follower via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started following your precious self on GFC! Woopwoop! Love your heart and your heart for Jesus already!!!! Excited to read more, beautiful! Hope you had a happy, merry wekeend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet to learn more about you! following ya now :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger