Crafting my little heart out

Friday, December 6, 2013


                      I can't believe it's already December. Where in the world did this year go? This time of year always brings out the crafty side of me, and so I've been on a roll the past couple of weeks sewing and crafting my little heart out. I just recently learned how to sew, and I haven't been able to step away from the sewing machine. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point--I'm obsessed! I decided that this year I was going to make Christmas presents for people, so I've been sewing a lot of little things that I can gift to people this year.

           

         I think makeup bags are the perfect gift to give to your friends for Christmas. Cute, yet totally practical! I mean, who can have too many makeup bags? They're so handy to have around! Plus, they're darn cute! Can I tell you a little secret? The fabric I used to make this was from a dress that I've had hanging up in my closet that had yet to be worn; I just didn't love it, so what did I do? I cut up the dress, and used the fabric to make this bag! Boom! Just call me re-purposing queen--or don't, because I'm usually not much of a repurposer ( is that even a word? If not, I just made it one).



         Can I just say that burlap is the best thing that was ever invented for crafters? There is an infinite amount of things you can do with this stuff. I love how it can make everything look rustic and chic. I made this darling little stocking on a total whim, and loved how it turned out. I added some scraps I had left over from the makeup (dress) bag, and I used it to add a touch of fun to the stocking. 



         I decided on a whim last night that I would try making a bow clutch, and it was so much easier than I had anticipated. I love the chevron fabric, and the look of the off set bow. I'm definitely going to be making more of these to give out for Christmas.

  
      Do you have any ideas for homemade gifts to give to your friends and family for Christmas?

9 comments :

  1. Cutest crafts!! You go girl! This makes me want to have a craft day with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Courtney! I have so much fun doing all of this! My boyfriend thinks he's been replaced by a sewing machine ( which totally isnt' true), but it's just so fun to be creative and make things for yourself; you learn to appreciate things more.

      Delete
  2. That clutch is adorable!! I LOVE it!! The stocking is precious too!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had your sewing skills! Everyone in my life has gotten a knit or crochet item as some point in their life! I am actually thinking about doing some embroidery this year and just picked up some felt to see how ornament making goes :)

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. that make-up bag is adorable! great job on that. I wish I had sewing skills haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bow clutch girl!

    agirladhesrparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky! I had so much fun making it!

      Delete
  6. Jeeze, you're talented, girl! You should do more sewing posts. Flaunt it!
    I'm excited to be a new follower! xoxo- Amy
    glitterinmytea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger